Sheffield Utilities Outdoor Lighting Program
Let Sheffield Utilities install, own, and maintain your outdoor lighting needs. Sheffield Utilities provides its customers with various options in outdoor lighting. Also, with our outdoor lighting rates you will SAVE money on your energy bill.
Sheffield Utilities offers lights with High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Mercury Vapor (MV) bulbs. Note: HPS light is yellow and MV light is white.
The following is a list of outdoor lights offered by Sheffield Utilities:
|Type||Output (lumens)||Monthly Cost|
|100 Watt HPS Open Bottom||8550||$7.83|
|250 Watt HPS Cobra Head||23000||$14.60|
|150 Watt HPS Cobra Head||14,400||$11.40|
- Direct lighting over any stairs increases safety. Contrasting colors between the floor and first step will help you see the difference in height.
- With two-way switches at the top and bottom of stairways, you'll always be able to turn on the light from either end.
- Good lighting on steps and stairways helps prevent slips and falls.
- Be sure there's enough light to see who is at your door.
- Address markers should be well-lighted and visible from the street.
- When changing light bulbs, never exceed the wattage rating for the fixture. Check for a sticker on the base of the lamp socket.
- Turn off fixtures and light switches before replacing bulbs. If you aren't sure whether the lamp is on or off, unplug it first.
- Use long-life or fluorescent bulbs where access is difficult. LED bulbs last longest and also save energy.
- Make sure your kitchen counters and other work areas are well lighted for safety.